​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cheese & Wine Party - a special invitation

I have to begin with an apology to Cheese & Wine aficionados. We usually succeed in issuing our invitation much earlier, but this year it took longer than usual, partly due to difficulties with the "Puckoon Method" used to define our route.

But it is here at last:

We look forward to seeing friends old & new - first time Challengers are especially welcome!

Re: Cheese & Wine Party - a special invitation

"it took longer than usual, partly due to difficulties with the "Puckoon Method" used to define our route."
So true, Sir!

For a change, I shall be much further sarff, so thank you for the kind invitation, but I shall be hiding in my tent that day, somewhere near a castle, hopefully...

Sadly, not gonna make it this year chaps, since we are 20+ km further south.

37.67km in a straight line. They can make amends and treat us to a good wine on the sleeper train.

So the cheese and wine is being held a day before the cocktail party, en-route to it. I should be able to do both!

That's a big day to get to the Pimms & Puddings; It must be over 20 miles by the fastest route. And after a party too.

Respect, Paul.

Well, we're in with a chance this year! Coming over from Dalwhinnie that day, so if we can totter a little further we might make it. Will pack my evening sandals just in case.
Liz (Susan too this year)

The good news is I am camping only 1 mile away. The bad news is I'll there on the Wednesday 18th so will have to miss my 2nd C&W party. Enjoy.
Slainte

Well guys, this is timely! I'd planned to be at Ruigh-aiteachan that night, so there's a chance I might make it.

Will you be bringing any of that fruity laughing juice of yours, Kirsten? It all seemed so innocent at first sip ...

I'll have to workout where to stash it for collection first, but that should be possible!

I've decided not to attend the cheese and wine party. Although I can divert off my route quite easily, it will mean 24 miles to get to the cocktail party the next day and I don't want to do that. Never mind, maybe next year!

Sorry that I can not make it this year. The next morning I will be going over Lairig Ghru wearing shorts and T-Shirt wishing I had brought my Sun Block!
Cheers,William

Just seen this.... it's on my doorstep again.. well, nearly.