​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cocktail party or cheese and wine?

Hi JJ, Slow Man & Phil. I'm 'way behind with the message board this year, after the house-move (& over-drastic downsize) & all. Can you update me?

I note there is a new (posh??) pairty which just happens to be pretty much on the route I was planning (and nicely wild)! I certainly hope to get there: after all, ancients like me want to encourage the young.... But if this is different, then I do hope - PLEASE - that there's a traditional Sloman/Lambert C&W too?? Have you planned one? Have you decided your routes?

The more parties the better (well, up to a point!)

Well, I feel sure that, now the prospect of young men in cocktail dresses has been raised, it will not be long before somebody mentions my name in that connection and all eyes turn on me So, ever being one who is game for a bit of fun, I'll get in first with this offer: if somebody turns up with a cocktail dress that fits me (size 14ish) I'll wear it to the party, weather permitting. But I'm not adding it to my pack weight ... so you'll have to pack it in, and pack it back out again.

I think we can organise a little black number for the cocktail party, with black clutch bag of course. Kitten heels? Full on stilettos might be a problem, compeed so spoils the slingback look. What´s the shoe size?

Paul Southward
First timer here needing advice. Should I go for the cocktail party on Friday 20th May or should I go for the cheese and wine party?

I can't find when the cheese and wine is taking place in 2016, so does anyone know the date?

The cocktail party was not created (indeed insisted upon) as competition to the wine and cheese event. It was created to try and fill the void (and appallingly an American will try and help!) when it appeared that the esteemed Alan Sloman and his lordship Phil Lambert may not return for this years Challenge.
I can assure you that none of your hosts will be in dresses although traditional Scottish serving attire will probably be on display (Don't think to hard about this)
You, however, are encouraged to turn up as you are. I am sure there will be the more traditional wine and cheeses available as well as some newer forms of drinks and puddings (desserts for any other Americans that might see this post)
Hoping to see you on the 8th day.

CG.

Craig Gulley
Paul Southward
First timer here needing advice. Should I go for the cocktail party on Friday 20th May or should I go for the cheese and wine party?

I can't find when the cheese and wine is taking place in 2016, so does anyone know the date?

The cocktail party was not created (indeed insisted upon) as competition to the wine and cheese event. It was created to try and fill the void (and appallingly an American will try and help!) when it appeared that the esteemed Alan Sloman and his lordship Phil Lambert may not return for this years Challenge.
I can assure you that none of your hosts will be in dresses although traditional Scottish serving attire will probably be on display (Don't think to hard about this)
You, however, are encouraged to turn up as you are. I am sure there will be the more traditional wine and cheeses available as well as some newer forms of drinks and puddings (desserts for any other Americans that might see this post)

CG.

Mate.
This was all the rage last year.

Or am I confusing it with the pantomime?

Looks like a bunch of thespians!

Andrew W
Craig Gulley
Paul Southward

CG.

Mate.
This was all the rage last year.

Or am I confusing it with the pantomime?

That is just disturbing