​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Was 2015 my final Challenge?

Your last challenge? At 50? For someone who didn't start until 60 it's hard to believe.

You will re-incarnate as a real OAP in 10 years or so and come again, I feel sure. ;-)

Must be a 50th birthday thing :)
I will also turn 50 at the end of the year, and i started negociating leaving the company i have been working for 26 years.
I wasnt feeling like working for it 15 more years.
They asked for 2 years to organize this, so we should start our new career in about the same time.

Hoping to see you again on the TGO, if not now, then after your real retirement.

I may have an opportunity for you, Mr Burrows. A vacancy has arisen for an assistant master at my respected academy near Greta Bridge in Yorkshire.

I should say that the previous assistant master, a Mr Nickleby, left under something of a cloud. I trust that you will prove to be a man of sterner character and not afraid to impose the strict discipline that is deplorably lacking in so-called "progressive" establishments.

Excellent news, Jeremy, and good luck with your new life.

Does it have to be schoolteaching? I taught English as a Foreign Language for many years and it is impossible to get holidays June - August because of the holiday courses, so I used to take mine in May and September.EM9

What Robin said, and....I'm sure you WILL be back on the Challenge, if not next year then sometime in the future.

You already know that the Challenge is an addiction for which there is no known cure, the fact that you're now a legend is proof of that.

Anyroadup, get your route planned for next year as there's a decent chance that you'll get on from the waiting list - just like all the other recently promoted Leg Ends.

Best wishes,

JJ

Seems 2015 won't be your last, Jeremy! No Standby List.

All the best with the new career.

Yeah - just saw that.

Still ... gotta plan this one on the assumption that it will be my last!

Hi Jezza

Now you're entering your sixth decade I would start planning any Challenge as though it will be your last...

What you on about, Sloe Man? I shan't enter my sixth decade for the best part of two years, yet.

That's it AL — let's look on the bright side :-)