​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TGO 2016 cocktail party

From Drop Box

Re: TGO 2016 cocktail party

Oh.
Might be able to work that in, without straying too far from my route.
Might.
Maybe.
Maybe not...

ah go on.

you know you want to

You've missed out the puddings part of the party! Although well done on making it my birthday, now I just need to work out how to get there with the mini-Poolers!

I have to get in off the standby list first.
Actually. You have to get in don't you?

Trusting in my exceptional good luck

I will discuss the matter with The Navigator....we may not arrive until after the nibbles though, The Navigator is a late starter.

Be good to see you there. I will save a portion of trifle for you.

Hmm, that could swing it!

Sounds tempting. Will there be blue sky and palm trees as shown in the top left photo? ;)

Is that cranachan on your invite? I know it contains a drop of whisky, but we regard it as a dessert rather than a cocktail. Unless of course you intend to put more whisky in the fruity delight

Sounds tempting. Will there be blue sky and palm trees as shown in the top left photo?

I will send some...........

Disappointed to see that phrase "black tie is optional". Standards, Jayme, standards. We owe it to the ladies to make an effort.

Quite so, quite so.

Need some inspiration? Look no further than here for Cocktail Dresses or again here for Men's Evening Wear

And remember, shabby-chic Paramo paired with unspeakable purple Cr*cs may seem amusing but alas send a clear and unfortunate signal . . .

Point taken, Mr W, and thanks for the links, although as an East Anglian I'm more of an Edes & Ravenscroft man when it comes to tailoring.

Sadly their offerings do not cater sufficiently for the vageries of the Highland climate, so once again I may be forced to turn to Paramo to furnish my evening attire.

I believe the shoesmiths of Boulder, Colorado also offer their products in black, which, if left out for a shine by the "boots" at my hotel, should pass muster.

When might Carriages be?

Sorry Jim, TGOC rules prohibit vehicular transport,so no carriages!

The Horror! The Horror! Click here for next season's river-crossing style

Essential cocktail-party wear for boys . . . Click here for a video

Wowza - thanks Humph! Crocs with killer heels. Oh yes, gimme gimme gimme!

Ladies, Gentlemen and challengers

As well as the cocktails and crudités there will be an expectation that some super sumptious desserts will be brought up to the function facility (tarp on floor). The more ambitious the better. At the first "secret" cocktail party in 2015 there was a choice of either Eton Mess or fruit Pavlova (choice dependant on the state of the meringue)
I will be aiming for hill made triffle.

RSVP

It is terribly bad form to arrive early for such events, as you may embarass your hostess. However, I was unable to discern any clear statement of the hour at which the event is scheduled to commence. Might I politely suggest that such information be added to the invite, strictly in the interests of avoiding unfortunate social faux pas?

Okay, someone help me with my route.

I need an FWA for the crossing of Geldie Burn at NO 005 868 as my vetter has advised it can often be too difficult to cross when in spate. The plan is to walk from Glen Feshie eastwards to Gledie Burn and cross there and walk south past Bynack Lodge to the cocktail party at Gleanor Mor. But if the burn at NO 005 868 is in spate, what do I do? Any ideas anyone?

Coming from Newtonmore I'm not sure my wine will last the three days and the contents of my hip flask have a habit of evaporating especially after a long day. Any other suggestions or has an air drop already been arranged by those kind gents organising the reception.

Sorry guys, I'll be much further north so will have to miss out. Enjoy!

Jayme is unfortunately not going to be on the TGO Challenge this year. However the Cocktail party will still be going ahead as Jayme has asked me to take on the master of ceremonies role!

The party location remains as per Jayme's original invite. I should be there by around 6pm after a long day over the hills from Pitlochry, so can I suggest that the party starts at 7pm? If for any reason I'm not there by then, please feel free to start without me!

Don't forget your cocktails and puddings