​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: David Brown's piece in the Washington Post

Indeed, that was a wonderful read.

Fellow Challengers, thanks so much for your kind words about my piece on the Challenge that was in the Washington Post's travel section. I appreciate it a lot. It's all of you (and the coordinators and the vetters) that make the event memorable and possible. May others learn of it (but not too many!)

Good read, thanks David.

For those that may have missed it, David Brown wrote a lovely piece about the late Jim Taylor, who many of us had the privilege to meet on his last Challenge in 2014 when he was 91 years old.

Read it HERE

Also at http://aweewalk.com/ you will find the rest of David's blogs on his Challenges in 2014 and 2015. Together with this latest umbrella article, they provide probably the best literary archive of the Challenge yet. Thanks David. And thanks Alan for telling us about it.

On a gloomy October morning when I was escaping from drudge work to the message board, this article lifted my spirits, taking me back to a fabulous crossing (which I haven't had time to write up). Thank you so much David for putting a breath of fresh air into my head!

Really enjoyed reading your article, David.