​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: USA payment successful

I gave up trying to find a paper copy of The Great Outdoors magazine several years ago. There are too few copies available in any newsagent near where I live or work. By the time I've found the time to travel to the shop it's highly likely that "the" copy has gone..... or the staff can't remember where it is or whether it's been sold.

So for the last couple of years I have bought the electronic edition. It's the only magazine I buy all year and is my small contribution to ensuring that the mag stays in business for a teeny bit longer. (And it's only £2.99 per edition. The annual subscription is really good value!)

PS.... No, printing from the electronic edition doesn't seem to work but Ali and Sue have sent me the form. I do think everyone should buy the mag first though!

Re: USA payment successful

It's a funny thing, but when Cotswold won the Outdoors Retailer award I thought that TGO's marketing man (or woman) would have made sure that every branch of Cotswold had a huge bundle of TGOs on their cash desks so they could puff their success - plus a well advertised promo giving Cotswold "Explore More" card holders a specially discounted subscription.

But no... Just a stack of Trail mags. As usual.

With opportunities like that missed, I can't say that I'm surprised that the distribution is, shall we say, a tad hit & miss.

All that said, though, I would encourage TGOC addicts follow Judith's example and support the mag throughout the year with an annual subscription ... the magazine has improved enormously over the last year or two and I reckon it beats the competition hands down for well written authoritative content and stunning photography.

Subscribe now folks - and never miss an October edition again!!!

Error in magazine re: payment of entry fees

Bernie Clark
Leendert,

Are you sure your not seeing a fee of €70?

I know I tried to pay while connected to my French employers VPN - and €70 was what was offered to me (as the system thought I was in France). I disconnected the VPN and and it reverted to £50.

I assume the payment system must be smart enough to figure out where your located and then offer the local currency equivalent.

Bernie

Thanks Bernie, Euro's indeed!

Kind regards,
Leendert.

Currently the URL that Emily provided simply points to a subscription for the magazine. I already have one of those. Presumably the link has worked at some point in the past. Can't I just send a cheque?

Colin

To all of those struggling to get a copy of TGO if you go to the subscription page of the website and click on "Subscribe Now" or "Download Now" you will be given the option to subscribe to a single copy though as others have said the annual subscription is well worth it!
If anyone is still struggling let us know.

Seems pretty straight forward to me in this Midland desert(Rugby) -you pay the fee on line/ buy the mag/ send in the admin form - live in hope for a month - good luck every body. Thanks to Ali/Sue regardless

Got my copy now ... will be sending in form with cheque (I don't have online banking / payment facilities / etc.)

Agree with Judith ... buy the mag!