​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BIG SKY MIRAGE TENT

With the amount of rain we've had recently you will have no trouble canoeing through the Lairig Ghru.

Well, perhaps I misread it but it does seem to say in the blurb that it's intended for 'low humidity areas such as USA south-west': sounds perfect for the Challenge! Seriously, looks a nice job, spacious interior, well-designed doors - would you get the sil version?

I live in sunny Sussex By The Sea and was thinking of more local use than the Highland Wilds! For Scotland I'll probably stick to using the Nordisk Telemark which was very comfortable and stable this year.

Although if the weather gods could be bribed to indulge us in two balmy mild weeks mid-May I'd love to use it because of the weight saving, well over 400g I think? Yes I am looking at a sil option, the wobbling point being import tax!

Jenny, you might want to look at the Tarptent Stratospire 1 which pitches on walking poles. Space for 2 with slight adjustment and capacious for one. Weighs about 1kg, but you can use the outer on its own as a tarp and thus save about 400g. I'm very pleased with mine and like the versatility. I bought it through Backpackinglight in Denmark thereby saving import duties from the USA.

Thanks I'll take a look