​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Challenge photos. This year with moving pictures

This year I decided to drag myself into the 20th century and have a go at these new fangled moving pictures, no sound yet because I'm not convinced talkies will ever catch-on. My photos and cinematographic efforts can be found at http://iancotterill.com/2015tgochallenge.html.

Enjoy.
Ian C.

P.S. Any 10 or 20 timers who would like a copy of the picture I took of their presentation just drop me an email.

Re: My Challenge photos. This year with moving pictures

Enjoyed those Ian.
Liked the time lapse video stuff especially .
Ade.

Really enjoyed those Ian. Didn't need any sound, the pictures and video spoke volumes. Thank you.

Loved it, Ian. I particularly liked the shot of the clouds blasting down Glen Mazeran - that reminds me why we looked so hard to find a sheltered spot further down the glen.

Really excellent Ian!

JJ

Fine pics Ian! You may popularise this new hybrid dynamic still movie image - it needs no sound above the silence of the glens. Great stuff.

Thanks for all the kind comments folks. Des I was thinking of adding sound next year. A babbling burn, rain falling on a tent or wind whistling down a glen and not forgetting the sound of whisky being poured.

Ian C.

Yes I've known those time lapse events along with the sound of whisky being poured...
Incidentally Ian I get the interval effect of your movies but how do you pan as well?

I'm doing the time-lapse with a GoPro for which I have a small clockwork mount that sits on my tripod. It takes 1 hour to rotate 360°.

Ian C.

Great stuff! Keen Challengers will recall that Andy Howell captured an image of The Phantom Backpacker in 2009 Click here to read more

Close analysis of Ian's material shows a puzzling artefact at 04:18:18 Click for a screen-shot of the instance

Could this be another sighting? Or is it simply yet another Legless Challenger? The jury is out . . .

Are you sure it's not just a shooting butt with some grit on top?

Ian C.

And the Oscar goes to ...

Mr. Ian Cotterill

Brilliant Ian - love the time lapse. I don't think I've ever seen somebody eat a dehydrated meal so quick.

I didn't want my food to get cold.

Ian C.

I've had a couple of emails from folk saying the time-lapse shots were freezing due to their slow internet connection. I've now added a second version for lower bandwidth connections. It can be found at http://iancotterill.com/2015tgochalleng1.html.

Enjoy.
Ian C.