​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thanks guys.

A big thanks from me as well

Thank you to everyone who has made this year such a splendid event.

To those of you on the organisational/safety side of things I send a great big hug of thanks. Without you, it just would not happen.

To everyone I met on the hill - we are nuts for doing what we do, but whenever anyone asks me why I do it, I just say "because I can". Nothing can express the impact that two weeks on the hills in the company of some of the most generous, crazy, funny people has on being able to survive the other 50 weeks of the year.

And then of course there is Gayle and her splendid tea-loaf. Many more thanks for that lovely surprise. Have you got the recipe?

Starting to think about a route for next year...

I'd just like to add my thanks to all those involved in the organisation of the Challenge and to everyone I met along the way for making it such an enjoyable time. As I've said before it's the best 2 weeks of the year.

Ian C.

May I also add my thanks on behalf of " The Three Musketeers "to all those who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make our crossing a success.

Me too! Ali, Sue and all the support team worked tirelessly during the event (Gayle, foregoing the Fun and Games on Thursday night to man the phones was way past the point of dedication!) And let's not forget the monster work involved in keeping The Venerable Vetters supplied with hooch, the pure grunting getting out the manifold print material, and the diplomacy in getting such great sponsors on board.

And Sue and Ali's speeches Thursday were no too shabby! Thanks also to JD, Roger and Daniel for their urbane and witty contributions.

Pats on the back all round!

Agus maith thu fein, A'Chara. We are even now scouring the globe for lost tribes to recruit new Challengers to test your mighty linguistic dexterity.

Treibheanna caillte ? Nó Challengers dearmad ? Ag feck tú gach . . .

Yip! Yip!

Well, it's all been said already, so I'll just say a heartfelt THANK YOU to everybody. You all know who you are ...

Just to say thank-you for all the thank-yous! We have had a huge amount of support from the "Challenge family" in our first year and it is very much appreciated. Now we gather something starts on May 13th 2016 - we suppose we better start thinking what we should do about it . . . .