​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dalwhinnie Inn/Loch Ericht Inn - any news?

It is well worth bearing in mind that Ron and Marilyn give a very warm welcome to Challengers at the Dalwhinnie Bunkhouse and café admin@dalwhinniebunkhouse.org or tel 01528 522237. They have also arranged camping in an adjacent field. I have stayed there myself and couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. The food was absolutely great and, even though we were camping, we could have a shower in the bunkhouse.

Ooh! The shower is a welcome piece of knowledge for campers!

Caburn, be warned that the "hotel" on the main road through Dalwhinnie is not nearly as good as Ron and Marilyn's Tollhouse cafe/restaurant/bunkhouse which is less than 100 yds off the main drag on Station road. A month ago I was with a party of walkers who sampled the refurbished hotel as it was too late for the Tollhouse. No toilet paper, stench of frying throughout, rip-off prices for soft drinks and limited choice of food/drink - need I say more?
The Tollhouse is always clean, welcoming, lovely food and drink at reasonable costs. Ron and his team are always happy to help. Hot food is freshly cooked to order - in 2013 I had a second breakfast there after walking from Loch Pattack and feasted for a tenner with double everything!

Tollhouse it is then!

I can certainly vouch for the bunkhouse. Excellent hospitality & good food.
The pub was going downhill from 2005. And IMHO it was not that good then.