​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Snow ...

Just had reports of significant fresh stuff on The Moanies.

Better some snow & overnight frost than a heat wave & have the wee monsters come out to play (i.e. chomp) for the Challenge.

Oyne, Aberdeenshire,

Been heaving it down here for the last couple of hours and things not looking too good for the Kinlochleven area for the next few days.

cj

Tons of the stuff in Strathspey- Cairngorms, Moanies, my garden. The good news is that I heard the GOCkoo near FT. Augustus yesterday.

It's snowing in Stirlingshire; makes a change from the hail and soft hail earlier today. So last week's 20+ temperatures look to have been our total summer weather for the year. Wrap up well, children!

Do you think we need to consider a Snowy crossing, even a low level one with 10 days togo before the start?

Snow at lower levels in Aberdeenshire disappeared pretty quickly as soon as the sun came up so I doubt if a low-level crossing will be a problem. On the other hand, if you're going through the Lairig ....

Ian Sommerville
Snow at lower levels in Aberdeenshire disappeared pretty quickly as soon as the sun came up so I doubt if a low-level crossing will be a problem. On the other hand, if you're going through the Lairig ....

Do please finish that thought, Ian ... I am!!

As I passed the gritter this afternoon, which indicates no immediate improvement expected, I thought I'd have a look at the weather forecast for May. It didn't fill my heart with joy as it mentioned the words wet and windy, gales, night frosts and snow at higher levels. I'm definitely taking the Nepal sleeping bag and thinking about swapping the Montane outerwear for Paramos. :(

Vanessa Ling
As I passed the gritter this afternoon, which indicates no immediate improvement expected, I thought I'd have a look at the weather forecast for May. It didn't fill my heart with joy as it mentioned the words wet and windy, gales, night frosts and snow at higher levels. I'm definitely taking the Nepal sleeping bag and thinking about swapping the Montane outerwear for Paramos. :(

Thanks for the feed back.