​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Builg Mounth, exit from Fetteresso at Corsebauld blocked?

The Final Details advise (as they did in 2013) that the Builg Mounth, through the Fetteresso/Drumtochty Forest is badly overgrown at the exits to Corsebauld NO719830, and recommends using the W Bogton exit, 3km further along the perimeter track, instead. It seems surprising that the end of a main Mounth road has been blocked for so long, and I was wondering if anyone has tried getting through at Corsebauld or thereabouts recently? Thanks

Re: Builg Mounth, exit from Fetteresso at Corsebauld blocked?

Hi Ted - this isn't a recent report, but in 2006 the exit from the Fetteresso at Corsebauld was almost completely blocked by colossal very spiky gorse bushes and having scrambled through them there was a bit of a swamp and an agricultural junk yard to contend with.

Lord Elpus and I had to recover our spirits with Champagne at the pub at Catterline.

Hopefully, someone will be along in a jiffy with more current information.

Hi. What is the latest issue ( or Version) of Landranger Map#45? Mine is a few years old and may need replacing.

Thanks, William

Hi William

You can find out that information from the OS website:

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/landranger-map-stonehaven-banchory.html

Landranger 45:
Edition
Standard version: C2
Weatherproof Active version: C2
Publication Date
20/06/2014

You have to click the Show More button.

The version number and publication date are printed on the map too.

Thanks Judith. I will get it when I arrive in London.

All ready now ---just waiting!

William

Thanks Alan for your 2006 recollection. Rolf's 2013 account (below) suggests that the more eastern exit to Corsebauld may be a go'er, so we'll plump for that. Not sure that champagne is a suitable drink for a man who has battled his way through spikey gorse bushes and glutinous swamps though; Talisker for us. Regards

Hi Ted,

In 2013 I came to Corsebauld expecting a lengthy detour. The western most exit is, as Alan said, heavely overgrown and furthermore the exit to the farm yard is blocked by several fences and rubish. The eastern exit is doable though. The path is only slightly overgrown with gorse and apssable without much trouble. Only then last 10 meter is blocked by a ditch. This is also overgrown, but in 2013 passable, just to come to one closed gate to be climbed to exit on the farm yard. All in all not too bad.

Kind regards

Rolf

Thanks Rolf for your account of the Corsebauld exits in 2013, the eastern exit sounds quite promising and we'll go for that. Will report back in due course, if we get that far. Regards Ted