​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Deeside Way

Challengers thinking about FWAs from Ballater or who fancy a walk to the coast which doesn't involve much road walking, may be interested in my short illustrated guide to the Deeside Way. Free to download.

Aberdeen to Ballater on the Deeside Way

Its about 40MB to download so can take a few seconds before anything seems to be happening.

Re: The Deeside Way

What a lovely little e-booklet. I've walked the Deeside Way on two challenges and seen it gradually develop with the final link between Aboyne and Potarch being completed only recently and taking a rather meandering route away from the river and the main road. The signposting on this last stretch seems to work well from west to east but you still need to follow the map closely here. Similarly the 'diversion' around Drumoak isn't always obvious.
As I've got family in Cults I've walked, run or cycled much of the eastern end on many occasions and would recommend it as a way of finishing the challenge off-road and with as many teashops as anybody could wish for. I try to imagine how this quiet way into Aberdeen was once the route of Queen Victoria's royal train rather than the haunt of backpackers who've been on the trail for a fortnight. Would she have been amused ?

Well done, Ian. Super little guide.

Thank you for this little gem Ian!

Excellent guide Ian.

Many Thanks

Lovely, wish we would have had this last year :-)

Thats useful information, i saved it for future use.

Thanks

Frederic

Thanks for this useful booklet. I plan to use the Deeside way in the final days of TGO 2015

Allan