​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Up-to-date wind farm map for the whole of Scotland

I have now posted an updated map to show the wind farms more clearly and also to show the areas designated by the Scottish Government as "wild land" - areas to be given 'strengthened protection against development' (which in practice seems to mean sod-all).

I have also supplied a link so the full resolution map can be downloaded and blown up to your heart's desire.

LINK

I see that visitscotland.com is promoting bus tours to the Whitelee Windfarm Visitor Centre
for ‘A fantastic ‘FREE’ family day out.' Clearly fantastic is a versatile adjective!

Des
I see that visitscotland.com is promoting bus tours to the Whitelee Windfarm Visitor Centre
for ‘A fantastic ‘FREE’ family day out.' Clearly fantastic is a versatile adjective!

They like them & probably believe they enhance the landscape.
Delusional.
But.. Where do Visit Scotland get their funding from? Hmmm?

Aside from the possible movement of legal tender in various - some might say - spurious directions, I don't envy the visitscotland.com employee given the task of marketing a once beautiful now disfigured landscape.

It may not represent the whole of Scotland, but highly relevant to anyone doing TGOC, http://www.cawt.co.uk/index.php?page=map

Lots of other resources on the industrialisation of the Scottish landscape..
http://scotlandagainstspin.org/