​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NeoAir Mat

HiKen

I had one of the very first Neoair's in the country - the original yellow & silver rectangular jobs, in April 2009.

It's done six Challenges and a whole load of other stuff, and is still going strong. Others were not so fortunate. I haven't heard any bad reports for the newer ovoid shaped ones - and they can come with better insulation properties as well, Ken.

Go for it - they are wonderfully comfortable.

Me too. Mine has been going strong since 2010, and has been on four Challenges and five trips into the High Pyrenees. Never let me (or itself!) down. Sure, there's been reports of the dividers between sections degrading (think a hernia . . . ) - but remember that the product is covered by a life-time guarantee. Weight and pack-size are excellent.

If you don't mind carrying the weight (around 950gm) then for another option - or rather The Full Swaddling Experience - consider an Exped Downmat. 9cm of utter bliss. Suitable for Fifty Days of Wades.

I have a short original one which has a tiny but repairable hole in it. I was going to mend it and put it on eBay but I'm quite happy to sell it to the highest bidder...(to be repaired by the buyer)...

Just spent my hard-earned on a Neoair from Gaynor's.... Fingers crossed it's as hard-wearing as some folk suggest.
JJ

Having been a Thermarest devotee for many years I went over to NeoAir last year and love it! Very light and packs down tiny. I can't believe how warm it is when inflated - I always notice if I sit on it to speed deflation how cold the ground suddenly feels. So far it has been very reliable.

Just as an alternative, I adore my Exped Synmat UL7. Similar, lightweight, but a bit less 'crisp packet' :-)

No takers for the Neo-air?

Contact me ASAP if you're interested.

Putting it on eBay tomorrow...along with various other stuff including a pair of ladies Paclite trousers.