​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mid Hill Wind Farm

I had a walk in the Fetteresso today and went up to the wind farm.

The 'good' news is that all of the construction seems to be finished - I didn't see any trucks or cars at all and there are no indications of any pollution that might have affected the water quality.

The bad news is that it is truly horrible - the landscape has been devastated. Much worse than I envisaged. Pictures and more comments here.

Re: Mid Hill Wind Farm

Ian, an excellent post. And powerful images.

I've been moving through the Fetteresso for many years. I understand full well that this is an industrial environment - predicated on forestry from thirty years past. Recent clear-felling, however, has opened up the landscape. And a more benign regime will result in mixed woodland planting.

This wind-factory, however, is a blight. Not only the turbines per se, but also the egregious support structures to the east.

I would urge all of us who love wild country to actively engage in opposition to these projects. Do so in a calm and reasoned manner. Simply chanting to the converted is of no avail! It's important to reach out and address a far wider community.

I live and work in the Scottish Borders, where we have a vicious number of these schemes. But .. . consistent pressure on Scottish Borders Council has resulted in blanket refusal of the majority of proposals over the past twelve months. The Council is made up of men and women like ourselves, and, unlike the soi-disant "developers", they are entirely open to reason once empirically facts are presented.

My own position is that we may all go back to wearing wooly jumpers, hey ho . . .