​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Only 3 weeks left - routes please!

Hi all , With respect to all our arrangers in charge !. On my 6th crossing 2012 i named my passing camps onthe 1st. sub. It was not a high route , so i named low camps. I was knocked back and asked to specify more closely with defined points as stated as not required above . On my second sub. i included numerous grid refs. and was accepted . Elf ( the dreamers who invented it universally presumably) and safety , are i assume responsable . They have a lot to answer for with regard to retrograde progress in my opinion . I doubt applying again , much as having enjoyed my 6 successful crossings . My thanks to Roger and John . If Sue and Ally wish for help against the H&S Aspect i will gladly help if asked .

Sorry Bill, not Health and Safety but common sense.

Our coordinators and vetters stick their necks out a long way already so that we can enjoy our crossings. I wouldn't want to sit in the control room at Montrose and have an overdue walker whose whereabouts weren't at least roughly known. The police, mountain rescue, coroner/fiscal would think that to be negligent.
For the sake of those we leave back home, it makes sense.

The Challenge Team make these few requests for our benefit as well as theirs. It's not much to ask.

Hello Bill

There is a good reason for asking for the names of overnight halts that became evident last year. During an emergency the mountain rescue services asked for the names of anyone who might be in a certain area. We had to flick through over 200 route sheets to find the information. The overnight halt point column in effect gives us a quick overview of the route and it is much quicker to work out where someone might be with name places quoted along with grid references. We hope that clarifies why we need the information and hope this doesn't put you off entering for the Challenge again in the future.