​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Beinn Mhor Wind Farm

Yea but Highland Council have a longstanding and honourable record regarding their objections to Wind Factories. The difficulty is that they have to fund these objections in court, and in essence they have limited monies available. They also have to move through current protocol. Any localised decisions for large-scale projects can currently be over-ridden by Hollyrood.

My own take is that Highlands and Islands Council are doing the very best that they can to preserve our landscape in the face of a centralised dictat. Frankly, they fully understand the fragile nature of our environment, and have championed those who campaign against wholesale destruction.

But in the heel of the hunt they have limited funds to pursue these matters in the courts. The soi-disant "developers" have deep pockets. When it comes down to the nitty-gritty any local authority will, quite rightly in the final instance, optimise revenue for community services.

Spot on, Humph

Andrew W
Same letter here.
Far too short a notice, even if I didn't live in Cambridge.
A cynical person could think that the Ludicrously short notice was intentional.

For parties with professional, paid representation, it is unlikely to be too short. And remember that they will get it in th eneck for delay if they take too long over the process. It's a real case o f****ed if they do, ****ed if they don't I'm afraid.

Are the objectors going to be able to organise a couple of representatives, do you know??

Spot on Humph x 2.