​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mar Lodge

Hi All,

Beginning to get the news that Mar Lodge is hosting a rather large wedding the weekend of the TGO crossing.

They say that they cannot host walkers that weekend. I will find out more once back home from Australia. (second week January)

Also aware Fife is now totally closed (For two years upgrade)

Cheers and keep walking.

Doug Bruce

Re: Mar Lodge

Doug,

Where are you in Australia?

If you have a spare minute and are in SA, be happy to catch up. Just drop me an email.

Cheers,

Mike.

Hi Auzzie Mike,

Bit far from you, I am in Perth enjoying the sunshine.

Thanks for the invite, look me up in Braemar any time.

Cheers.

Doug Bruce

Thanks for the information Doug

We did flag up in the Event Details (page 8) that Mar Lodge would not be available this year. We have since heard that although they will not be able to offer accommodation, camping or hot food they will offer teas and coffees.

And biscuits too I hope!

JJ

I've had a brainwave.
How about we send some cake ahead of us to Mar Lodge? There is something very cake and scones about Mar Lodge, it is so disappointing (though still gratefully appreciated) to get a Rich Tea biscuit when what is really needed is a big slab of Dundee cake (left over alcohol-soaked fruit cake of any description would also be welcomed)

Don't forget - No Fife Arms this year! I'm really worried about the affect on the morale of some challengers, plus it was the only place in Braemar willing to feed us two years ago. Cake could really help!

Liz

JJ,

And no doubt you would want them served up on silver plate by some poor, humble vetta??!!

Have a great New Year and also to all our Challenge chums.

cj

Well Colin that would be nice and I know the vetters live to serve, however that's a bit too grand for me. I'll just be glad to get ON (currently on standby) and for my vetter not to fall about laughing when he/she sees my route.

Served on a silver plate? What a splendid idea! I hope the (Yorkshire) tea is going to be served in finest bone china mugs.....although I don't think it's really necessary to be served by a vetter. Maybe.

Best wished to you too Colin!

JJ