​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boat Hire Dalilea - Polloch Pier

I've replied directly to Julie but anyone else considering a crossing of Loch Shiel from Dalilea to Polloch Pier at any other time can contact John Macaulay and his lady, Izzy for up to date details at dalilea@btconnect.com or info@dalileafarm.co.uk

cj

Oh yea Julie! Happy to meet up with you. Original plan is that Minna and myself would move on from Lochailort on the Friday - and then an Archacle > Ben Resipole trundle on the Saturday. But happy to to re-jig (and let the Estimable Vetters know!)

I guess that we could look to hit the ferry around 12:00. But can fix a time for whatever is good for you. More than happy to share the costs. Have seen Alan Sloman's pix, and it looks to be a fun time. Easy to rejoin our planned route to take in Polloch. Yum! Yum!

HMP3,

Its a stunning boat ride across, even for one like me who hates the sea and boats and water etc. This year it was John's brother who drove the boat across and even offered to briefly stop at Eilean Fhianain so I could visit the burial ground there. Alas I had a very, very long day that day and declined.

Well worth the pretty hefty cost of the charter.Have also just emailed Julie to warn her of the wall to wall ticks I encountered when wild pitched near Dalilea.

cj

Great, HMP3, happy you and Minna can join me. Colin had mentioned the boat could take 5 total with gear, but I will clarify and post here. So we can take 2 more if there are any other takers.

Is there still room for me in the boat?

Yessiree, its HMP3, Minna, you, & me, around noon Saturday. See you then.

Am interested. I will be arriving with Humphrey ...