​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: E, I wouldn't go there if I were you

Little by little they are ruining their wild land to implement a pointless and inefficient renewable.
Lucky I am further south. Until they build Stronelaraig and ruin a bit more.

*Shakes Head*

Jeremy Burrows
IF YOU ARE PLANNING A ROUTE THROUGH THE MONADHLIATH, PARTICULARLY ONE INVOLVING THE DRUMNADROCHIT - INVERFARIGAIG BOAT CROSSING, THEN YOU MAY NEED TO KNOW THIS.

There will be windfarm construction works going on in and around Glen E in May 2015.

Actually, the link you provided is for the Corriegarth extension which I believe has not yet been approved. However, there may well be work on the Corriegarth wind farm immediately adjacent to the map you linked to.

The last turbines are also due to be erected on the Dunmaglass wind farm during May 2015. It's going to be a busy area as the Dunmaglass and Corriegarth extensions have both been applied for before the original wind farms have been completed.

With Farr to the north (and it's Kyllachy extension), Dell to the south, and of course the massive Stronelairg & Allt Duine, with Bhlaraidh, Beinneun, the Millenniums, Moriston, Allt Carach, Beinn Mhor, Corrimony, Guisachan and Culachy all in the pipeline, this area is destined to be well and truly knackered.

Click HERE
for a reasonably up to date map of the wind farms under construction and in the planning process. It doesn't include the Corriegarth extension application .

Thank you for the correction, Mr Sloman.

Do you know of any larger-scale map which will assist anyone trying to chart a route through the "Corriegarth - Dunmaglass Gap"?