​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dornie start point

Jeremy, if you want an alternative to the hotel, Andy Walker recommended a B&B, Janet MacKenzie, Glennan House, Bundalloch, Dornie by Kyle, IV40 8EU, 01599 555318 glennanhouse@btinternet.com

Hope that helps

Thanks for your replies, guys.

Yes, I have had problems with pre-booked accommodation not being there. It happened with the Dykehead hotel; and of course I was the one who discovered and reported on the difficulty at Morar. However, the Dornie hotels are, I believe, pretty solid businesses and I'm happy to make my booking now.

I'm not looking for alternative accommodation; I wish to support the hotel which is supporting the Challenge by acting as sign-out point.

Well last year's sign out point was in the Dornie Hotel. It used to be in the Loch Duich Hotel, actually in Ardelve, on the other side of the bridge. The Loch Duich was up for sale, but I'm not sure of the current position.

I started there in 2013, and the starting point was indeed the Dornie Hotel.

Here is a google map link: Google Map, Dornie Hotel

And the Dornie Hotel website: Dornie Hotel

Has it changed? No irea, sorry. :)

Jeremy - I usually book a comfy hotel from where to start, usually well in advance, and I've never had a problem. Mrs B has required me to book a comfy bed for her every three nights or so this time. I booked them last week and now need to devise a route to somehow link the beds together.
Our first bed is at the Dornie Hotel, last year's signing out point, where a nice lady called Bridie took a £20 deposit for a £75 double room, if that's any help. They may not have many rooms left, if I remember correctly.