​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Your favourite place to stay in Drum?

The camp site in Drum is not in Drum but is about a one hour walk away from Temple Pier, a fact to remember if you are planning on catching the first boat across Loch Ness in the morning. The other option, and my preference, is to catch the evening boat and spend the night behind the Sutherland's house at Ault na goire. This option also gives a good start to the following day putting you two hours in front of the Challengers who have stayed in Drum overnight.

I stayed in the Drumnadrochit Hotel this year, which was pleasant and convenient for the ferry.

Jeremy,

I stayed at the camapsite on the crossing in 2013 and would say avoid it like the plague. The pitching area was dirty with lashings and lashings of assorted poo, mostly rabbit if I remember and the "toilet block" a disgusting converted container. The only positive thing was that it is fairly adjacent to the Coop supermarket/ chipper. Also as Pete says, it is a fair old trudge round to the pier for the ferry.

Colin

A couple of years ago I stayed at the little campsite at Borlum - basic but friendly, and they kept a food parcel for me to collect. It does mean an early start to get to Temple Pier.