​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bus to Dornie

Ok I have been successful in booking airfare for the challenge- the largest hurdle is over, other than probably having to sleep overnight at Heathrow airport!
Can you do reservations for the bus from Glasgow to Dornie? or do you just buy your ticket on the bus.

Re: Bus to Dornie

Why go by bus?

The rail journey from Glasgow to Perth, up the Highland line to Inverness and then by the Kyle line to Kyle of Lochalsh is one of the most stunningly beautiful railway journeys in the world. And there is then a local bus from Kyle to Dornie (or if you feel like warming up for the CHallenge, it is eminently walkable, too ... )

Excellent Jeremy. I will look to book the rail then. I take it that I have to wait until 90 days from the date of departure to see the times and fees for the rail line as I did last year?
Thnaks

Alas yes - you cannot book a sensible time in advance, I'm afraid.

Jeremy,
I was able to book on thetrainline.com for tickets in May now. they were more than the bus but I didn't think too bad at 139 pounds for 2 people.
thanks

In 2012, I overnighted at Birmingham airport. I thought I'd get a half decent night's sleep. I lay across a few seats but it was uncomfortable, the lights never went out and, to cap it all, around 3am, the holidaymakers for the 4am flights arrived in great numbers and the airport staff woke me and the few other sleepers and, after that, it was impossible to sleep any more. There wasn't anywhere else to go to sleep more. I wouldn't do it again.