​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mar Lodge

I see from the Challenge details that Mar Lodge is 'unavailable' in 2015 because of weddings. I am assuming that this means completely unavailable ie that we can not camp on the lawn this year. If this is the case it is a massive shame as it is such a great, and rather bizarre, place to spend the night. However, will we will still be able to walk through the Lodge grounds and over Victoria Bridge? If this is not the case then if approaching Braemar from White Bridge it would be necessary to use the bridge at the Linn of Dee - and it would be useful to know that before walking along the road towards Mar Lodge on the north side of the river!

Can anyone clarify the situation?

Re: Mar Lodge

It's Scotland, you can walk anywhere. A group of dishevelled backpackers would make the wedding photos something to remember

Re: Mar Lodge

Aye Ian, is right. There is a long tradition of free access; tho' in less enlightened times the Victoria Bridge gates were kept locked. The National Trust for Scotland will be happy for walkers to pass through. Natural courtesy will I'm sure prevent any disruption to the nuptials. I recall meeting a laird's bridal procession, where all concerned seemed happy to pass under our ceremonial Leki pole arch. Nae drams, mind ye!