​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: It's official...

So, I'm in then.

See you there!! :-D

Yep - me n Steve are in! Letter received

I'm away on holiday so Good Ole Mum has been on TGO Letter Alert! I got the text message at lunchtime here on the beach in Gran Canaria!! Thanks Mum!!.....Maybe I'd better go for a few more walks up the hill opposite the hotel, or does climbing the steps back up from the heated infinity pool count??!!!!

So sweet that the two of ye are going to be once again part of Monster Fun! Cannae wait, won't wait! I've been lucky enough to once again take part, together with my Finnish Fiend - she who transmuted Melrose charity shops into a radge Minnie Mouse back in '12.

Monsters to all.xx xx

Just got back from sunny Tahiti and what a nice surprise. Have'nt quite decided where to start but it involves The Lairig Ghru.

All the best those who make it.

I'm in too ... but then I knew I would be. I was surprised, however, by just how strong the empotional response was to seeing my name in bold type. It's an odd one, that. All being well, though, it'll be at least another ten years before it happens again (and forewarned is four armed, as they say ... )

I'm also heading for the Lairig Ghru this time. The news on Mar Lodge, however, has forced a bit of route-adjusting.

In fact, I'm aiming to pack in a whole host of things to make my 10th crossing special. TheDrumnadrochit boat; the Lairig Ghru; the ridge SSW out of Braemar (yes ... I really am going to head "back the other way for a bit!!); a High Level crossing; and a Lunan Bay finish.

The only treat I've not been able to award myself this year is a Torridon start (I had a brilliant route from Torridon with all of the above-mentioned treats; but when I broke it down into days, there were 16 of them ) so I shall be starting from Dornie instead.