​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Board anti-spam letters

Yea, me too. Always works first time, no probs. Cheapo reading glasses from Boots do the biz . . .

I notice that some have become a tad frustrated.

My desk has a lump bitten out of it.

A cup & saucer broke when I bashed the desk.

My desk's worksurface now appears to have loosened from the underframe.

I didn't mention Jeremy's knickers when I had the opportunity because I couldn't stand the pain of deciphering those dancing, bouncing, idiotic grey squiggles.

Frustrated? Moi?

Should've gone to Specsavers

I thought it was the grey color that was giving you trouble. How many tries did you need this time Alan ?

Theo

Can't see the problem myself. If you can't make out the grey squibbly-wiggilies just ask for a different image. There's bound to be one you can decipher if you spend an hour or two at it

Theo
I thought it was the grey color that was giving you trouble. How many tries did you need this time Alan ?

Theo

He's still trying to reply to that, Theo.

Be patient

For Alans sake I hope it's the grey color and not the grey matter

Jeremy Burrows
He's still trying to reply to that, Theo.

Be patient

Indeed, Jezza.

First of all, (as JD suggests) I scroll through the images to find one where I have a reasonable chance - ie three or four of the six characters are readily identifiable. I have worked out that the letters are not in fact case sensitive, so it doesn't matter if you type an a or an A.

If you are lucky and can recognise four of the six, this gives you a one in three (say) chance of one of the remaining characters and a one in three (say) chance of the other remaining characters. It's important to remember which you chose at each selection so you don't repeat the same mistake - which I have learned at great expense and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Of course, sometimes the characters are totally unidentifiable, so then I just give up, and try again a few hours later when I have calmed down.

I have NEVER EVER seen an anti-spam device so completely and utterly bl**dy USELESS as this one!

WHY is this not being sorted?

Please could whoever is looking after this board hand it over to someone who knows what they are doing and who actually reads the d*mn thing! Who is looking after the board? I would like to shake him gently by the throat at Montrose...

I will now try and identify the pile of random garbage below this window.

Dear me Alan! What was that internal organ you got replaced? A spleen?
I'm betting the pet dog on getting past the grey wibblies first go.

Alan,
I decided to take a look and see if I could decipher the anti spam letters especially so as some seem to have no problem with them whilst you are being totally exasperated by them.
Well I'm sorry to say Alan but I had no problem reading them on a few test postings.
Now I know my eyesight is certainly failing which makes me wonder when last you had your eyesight tested.

Ian

I don't actually have a problem reading them either, but about 50% of the time it disagrees with what I think is an exact copy. I usually get 50% through on the second try, so we're now up to 75%. I feel fortunate that only once have I had to go to the fourth try. It does discourage me to post the odd quick remark, which I assume is the point of it!

2nd attempt

I am deeply puzzled. Got this one first time. Frankly I find them really easy to read. But I do have a history of substance abuse in the form of mimeograph copiers and allied solvents . . . In fact I've never had the slightest problem at any time with any of these letters, but that's probably because I'm a poncey graphic designer and am happy with quirks. Or twerks.

I don't know what the problem is. I just type in SpaM and it goes through!

I have every faith in the 'one ' running the system . I have tasted his usigh ba on Kinder Scout and it was real . I hope to return the compliment when i manage to get back hopefully. Possibly some contenders are set a more complex 'array' to copy ; to allow a post!?.. If this goes first time then possibly i speak without forked tongue .

Perhaps you'd like to translate that for us this morning, Bill?

(Trying now for the third time to guess the characters)

"£$% *&^% $%^" (*&^ "£$ $%" !

I have to say, that the current Robot thingy I have NO problems with.
I was also ok with the numbers one.
And the original.
It was that weird one that blogger also used to use that was impossible to decipher without having mastered code breaking at Blenheim

Mr Howden, Bill,

I have every faith in the 'one ' running the system . I have tasted his usigh ba on Kinder Scout and it was real

I believe that you have been the victim of a cruel deception. There is no "one" running the system, it is two - and they are both ladies!

So, the bounder that took advantage of you on Kinder Scout, luring you (as you euphemistically put it) to "taste his usigh-ba", was an imposter, sir!

thanks Phil , I had not noticed that Sue and Ali were now in the hot seat . I do of course refer to John M., and wish he and his family best wishes . And equally wish Sue and Ali all success . In October i was close to their base ( Newtonmore ? ) on Macdui summit . I met Sue briefly nr. Bynack More 2012 , she was nursing a very sore leg as i recall . I wish you a calm weather crossing . bill h.