​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cheese & Wine 2015

No Tarfside?!!!!!!!!! I think you're taking this solitary thing a bit too far young man!

Well, I am doing Braemar & Callater. And Tarfside could happen.

Mr Walker,

Obviously I will thus keep the Sloe Gin all to myself.

That could be injurious to your health - think of your liver, Sir!

No, when uncorking the famed sloe gin it is important to have selfless friends around you to alleviate and share the risks. Honestly, we only have your well-being at heart.

You say "the C&W would make my next day a tad long", but it need not be that long.

Water of Caiplich - Carn Dubh - Fords of Avon - Lairig an Laoigh - Glen Derry - Derry Lodge for Sat evening. Then a stroll into Braemar for a hearty Sunday breakfast and a convivial day at the Fife before ambling on to Callater.

Get to Braemar before ten, and you could even blag a hot bath from someone staying at the Fife, so you can arrive at the bar fragrant and coiffed (after all, you might meet a lady).

Gwaaan! It won't be the same without you.

Funny you should say that darling (oops unrequited love on the Chally Board?)

But sir, I will now be at the C&W. Arriving from Aviemore, and with cheese wine and Sloe Gin. And yes my route now arrive in Braemar for Sun lunchtime & then a genteel stroll to the despots of Callater. The Challenge is back on.

But sir, I will now be at the C&W.

Spiffing news.

Thanks for sorting out the invitation, Phil.

New Challengers may be wondering what all the fuss about these Cheese & Wine parties is all about. I've put a little Cheese & Wine background together which you can find by clicking

HERE

I would like to make clear that everyone is welcome, especially first-timers, as they are the life-blood of the Challenge!

I'll be a Cheese and Wine first-timer, does that count? ;-)

I'd better get myself a compass with a 'North' needle that works...

This looks to be a delightful spot! If Vicky and I make it into the challenge draw we are thinking about turning north at Drumnadrochit and doing a north coast walk in the second week, but if not we will surely make it to the last supper of Mr Alan Sloman.

It's regrets from me too, I fear.

For my tenth, I am treating myself to a jaunt through the Lairig Ghru (or yet another trudge up Feshie and down Geldie if the weather be foul) and I can't quite twist my route sufficiently to fit it in.

Practically on my doorstep

Who knows? Lou and Phyllis may amble by! We sure would love to celebrate Alan's 20th. It one , or both of us hadn't broken down 3 times, it would be our 20th as well.

It's not a proper Challenge without Lou & Phyll.

Well then! Challenge Royalty to the Cheese & Wine! We'll doff our caps upon your arrival!

I'll drink to that!

With so many 10 & 20 timers intending being there, this C&W is going to be something of a celebratory bash. 😁

It would be marvellous if the LaBorwitts could be there too.

JJ

I regret that I will be unable to attend as I will be +25Km OR +5000Km away.........

And we definitely need some 1st timers to turn up.
Or anyone who had never been to one.

be there or be SQUARE

Great stuff, Alan, it is in the right area for me again.

Thank you, kind sir.

It is not outwith the bounds of possibility. Not the way I was planning on going from Aviemore to Ballater, but I have never been that way, so could be a good choice. It is a bit early to say, though. Suppose none of us get in? (Except those with free passes, of course! :0 )

I will RSVP formally in due course.

Oooo! Sounds like we might bump into each other mext year!! Assuming we both get in...

BUMP!

Just so newcomers to the board (who found out that they had ill-advisedly sent off an application form to TGO Towers and are now saddled with sorting out a route) can think of including it on their stravaig.

First Second attempt at the squiggles

Bump