​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TGO Challenge 2014 - Shiel Bridge to St. Cyrus

A great report!
Fabulous pictures and a real endurance test at time with health issues!

Nice report and some stunning photos however it does highlight the problem of booking accommodation and having to push on when you would really rather shorten your day.

Many thanks for your kind comments!

Re. booking of accommodation: You are right, that's the dilemma with booking ahead. It's great to look forward to a hot shower, a comfy bed and a nice breakfast in the morning but it takes away the flexibility to make route adjustments if things go wrong.

I normally try not to put myself under this kind of pressure but in this case I had to book well in advance because Mahaar is one of the few B & B's that offer single rooms at a very reasonable price (£ 31) and I really enjoyed my stay there.

Cracking read, thanks. Some really nice photos making me wish I'd had some more high level on my route :-)

This year being my first challenge I booked four bits of accom ahead, which was too much with hindsight. I'd definitely aim to wing it/camp more next time, which unfortunately for me won't be until 2016 (if I get in, when it'll probably be torrential rain and howling gales!)

What a great report, really highlighting the highs and lows of the Challenge. I particularly enjoyed you photos - excellent. It was great to see you this year, hope to see you next.

A very enjoyable read, evocative pictures, and it was great to meet you along the Feshie, we were very impressed to see you battling on with all your painful injuries. Hope you have a trouble-free crossing in '15!

Thanks again,

It was very nice to meet you en route!

Not long now until the draw for 2015...