​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TGO 2015 entry form

Sorry guys this is very old hat. Grumpy Tours was offering a similar deal five years ago including the gold standard trip where an experienced Challenger would actually do the walk for you and send a blog, with photos, every night to record your personal experiences. No sore feet at night and no sore head in the morning!

But this one is a lot classier.
Such enterprise...

If I didn't know better I would think someone was wearing an orange coat...

Grumpytours - I'd forgotten about this splendid service. Perhaps the option of a virtual Grumpytour would appeal to the digital subscribers.

My vote is for horse whipping btw.

Well, all these foreigners from the UK need a good guide to be able to walk in the wildest parts of Scotland

Theo

Isn't it amazing what you can get on obey. Me thinks someone might be extracting the urine.

Ian C.

I would have thought that the e-bay thing should be darkly frowned upon or even banned! Who's the culprit? Name and shame!!

Btw, my copy of the mag finally came thumping through the letterbox 10 mins ago and the completed form will be in the post tonight for my 4th crossing, hopefully...

Simon.

Having taken a very close scrute of those piccies on ebay, I recognise my two compadres from my last two Challenges amongst them.

Am I being framed, I ask myself?

Horsewhipping isn't good enough. Besides, if my theory is correct as to the identity of the perpetrator of these dodgy dealings, the culprit may well be used to the whip...

And PLEASE can we go back to the old system of numbers for security - the present lot are a nightmare!!!!

Who is that masked man?

So anyway Tesco ... Utter Rubbish, they don't even stock TGO Magazine

So, I'll have to go to Smiths tomorrow..

No rush though. Got 'till 26th October.

And.. I've said it before & Sloman is RIGHT.
This weird non number stuff is a total MARE!

Andrew W
Who is that masked man?

So anyway Tesco ... Utter Rubbish, they don't even stock TGO Magazine

Well that's odd, Andy, because having unsuccessfully tried to get the October issue in two branches of WH Smith's, I picked up a copy (yes I did pay for it too) at Tesco's. And what is more, Bowmore Single Malt was on special offer. Doubles all round!

Application form filled in and sent off in the post today. Fingers and toes crossed!

Application form sent in today. CHeque sent with it, too.

This is one ten-timer who definitely ISN'T selling the right to walk with me (although I've had no shortage of enquiries as to whether I am looking for a walking companion ...)

Besides, I have a guaranteed, foolproof way of getting a place ... but I ain't saying what it is, so there! (And I'd never use it myself, either ... being in the draw 9 times out of 10 is all part of the fun, isn't it??)

I got a friend to buy the magazine and email me the page. It will be in soon. Is Lochailort a start point in 2015?

William

William - they've not announced the start points yet, but I cannot imagine that Lochaillort will not be there. The ones you're got to worry about are the under-used ones such as Plockton and Ardrishaig.

Thanks. That's the start, mid point and end set ---- just have to figure out to get to each one --- if my name is in the draw.

Cheers William