​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dalwhinnie developments

I was driving back from Rothiemurchus to Bedford yesterday and stopped by to look in on some friends in Dalwhinnie (who weren't at home ... as wasn't Ally when I called in at Newtonmore ... am I using the wrong deodorant or something??)

Anyway, this resulted in a drive-by past the Dalwhinnie Hotel, which remarkably showed not just signs of life, but a blooming, blossoming business. OK, so it doesn't look like they're letting rooms right now ... just offering teas, coffees and snacks. But two thoughts occurred to me:

1. This may be a promising sign that the hotel is going to be slowly brought back into commission (such a pleasant change from the long litany of closures, including the Dunalastair at Kinloch Rannoch, the Tomdoun and the Spittal of Glenshee - all places, like the Dalwhinnie Hotel, where I have stayed on the Challenge)

2. Alternatively, it may be past redemption, and all they will do is provide competition which destroys the business of the Dalwhinnie Bunkhouse and Tearoom, before collapsing into oblivion again.

No idea which it will be, although I do hope it is the former and not the latter.

Watch, well, not this space ... but the space just West of the A9 in Drumochter, as they say.

Re: Dalwhinnie developments

I would be inclined to support the Bunkhouse.
It is a good place.

Wait and see what is happening at the Inn.

Easy for me though, because NOT on my route for 2015