​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fire at Spittal of Glenshee Hotel

A shame. I camped round the back of the hotel this year and had a very strange breakfast there. It did look like a hotel that was struggling. (No butter. No available rooms for passing trade.)

Challengers may wish to know that the Gulabin Lodge outdoor centre is at the Northern end of the minor road that the Spittal of Glenshee Hotel is on but make sure you book in advance. I turned up unannounced at the hostel, let myself in, had a glass of water, phoned the warden and left a message....... then walked round to the hotel when I got no reply.

I'd also walked past the Dalmunzie Castle Hotel.... but that looked a little out of my price range!

Re: Fire at Spittal of Glenshee Hotel

I too turned up on spec at the Gulabin Lodge.

The camp-spot behind the Hotel was heaving with tents. It was the Saturday of the Cateran race.

Gulabin Lodge was open, but empty.

I managed to get the warden's phone number and checked in. Never did see the warden and if I had not been honest etc, I could have stayed for nothing. I had a good 4 bed room to myself.

Only 2 other people stayed there that night, even though the Hotel was fully booked out.

Now that the hotel has gone this place would be a good alternative. I agree with Judith; it would be best to book in advance.