​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Construction work in the mountains between Loch Ness and the A9

Jeremy,

If you refer to the Corriegarth Estate wind farm works, the engineer for the project is Wind Prospect Ltd

Address:

Beauly House
1st Floor
Dochfour Business Centre
Dochgarroch
Inverness
IV3 8GY

Telephone: 01463 830072
Email: info@windprospect.com

I would expect that this is your best bet for accurate information as to the works and any access restrictions. If you do get some good info perhaps you could post here and inform Sue & Ali so they can keep the vetting team up-to date.

Thanks Phil - that's brilliant. Will definitely report back on anything I discover.

Well, I've spoken to the enginerrs. Many thanks for the phone number, Phil.

They advise assuming that next May, contruction will be in full swing throughout the site. Access (if you want it) at weekends may not be a problem - but during the week there is going to be heavy construction traffic at all times.

In terms of geographical area, it is the River E and its catchment area that will be affected. There is a map on the Highland Council planning e-portal, to which this should hopefully be a link:

http://wam.highland.gov.uk/wam/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=map&keyVal=MP97BOIH09500

Or maybe you need to copy-and-paste it into your browser. Either way, it shows the area to be avoided.

Thanks, Jeremy. I've had a look at that map and as we both suspected the one access road up the River E will probably be a bit of a nightmare - worse at the site!

If anyone wants a printable map for their files, I've made my own copy HERE

Should you be thinking of venturing across the Monadhliath further north SSE have provided this Informative Video. You'll be in time to see the turbine pylons being erected.

What joy

Let's be honest, soon the Monadhliath (those that cannot mentioned a few years ago) will NOT be worth mentioning.
Well and truly ruined by the never ending Industrialiaation of Scotland's Wild Places.
What a terrible legacy they leave...
Maybe we should move the Challenge to somewhere, not destroyed by the bullying tactics of Developers, Greedy Land Owners and Daft Politicians..

But where????????

I'll get My Coat!