​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Talladh-a-Bheithe wind farm

Alan,

Indeed, slap bang in the middle of unspoilt Scotland.

I am very embarrassed, as the application comes from a Dutch firm Eventus Duurzaam BV, and the land-owners (Adrian, Marijke and Kees van Well) seem to be Dutch too.

My 2011 Challenge brought me to Beinn Mholach; in 2013 I was on top of Meall Garbh and Schiehallion.

Look at these Visualisations page 26 and 28 to realise how the views will never be the same.

It seems the project has been well prepared since 2008. I do hope the SNH Wild Land designation of this area will prove the right argument to stop this.

Bart Horeman
(Netherlands)

Hi Bart, and thanks for that additional information.

It appears that the SNH Wild Land Map, published on the same day that Talladh-a-Bheithe planning permission was applied for, holds no terrors at all for wind farm developers, as they say the Scottish Government in effect invites companies to challenge the designation.

You can read more by clicking

HERE

It was never more than a fig leaf of respectability for the Scottish Government (Lucy, in the cartoon below) to hide behind.

xxxxxxxxx (ugly word) If I was able to buy an estate I would preserve and even improve the natural habitat, not destroy it for personal gain. These estate owners obviously have enough money, why want more ? Greed !

BTW I wasn't able to reply with the previous validation system (pictures of numbers on houses) but now it functions properly.

Theo