​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Talladh-a-Bheithe wind farm

Thanks for the heads up, Al. Letter to Ms Gallacher sent.

Thanks Phil.

Every letter of objection does count!

You can see Chris Townsend's take on this wind farm by clicking
HERE

Test

Thanks for the heads up Alan. I'm stunned by the scale of that one. Makes you depressed for the future of the Scottish wilderness.

Hi Dickie

Write a letter of objection, Sir!
They do count ~ especially so from folk who have passed through the area and are fond of it. Tourism is a large part of the local economy and if the councillors think they will be damaging the mainstay of the economy they will think twice about approving it.

I've linked to a couple of really good letters and my own is there to crib from as well.

Thanks pal,

Alan

Alan, I am very impressed - in negative sense - by the scale in which this proposed new wind farm will affect enormous areas in a beautiful and still very wild region of Scotland!

I will, like you and many others, feel very saddened if those plans will come to realisation. With you I have a strong feeling that Scotland looses more and more of the wild character of many areas and looses lots of its attractivenes.

So I also have sent a letter of objection to these plans! Hopefully it helps when objections also come from overseas!

Hein

Hein
Thank you Sir - you are a shiny star. You have always been a shiny star, but this time there is an extra zing!
All the best to you - and I hope to see you in 2015.
Alan

Alan,

Indeed, slap bang in the middle of unspoilt Scotland.

I am very embarrassed, as the application comes from a Dutch firm Eventus Duurzaam BV, and the land-owners (Adrian, Marijke and Kees van Well) seem to be Dutch too.

My 2011 Challenge brought me to Beinn Mholach; in 2013 I was on top of Meall Garbh and Schiehallion.

Look at these Visualisations page 26 and 28 to realise how the views will never be the same.

It seems the project has been well prepared since 2008. I do hope the SNH Wild Land designation of this area will prove the right argument to stop this.

Bart Horeman
(Netherlands)

Hi Bart, and thanks for that additional information.

It appears that the SNH Wild Land Map, published on the same day that Talladh-a-Bheithe planning permission was applied for, holds no terrors at all for wind farm developers, as they say the Scottish Government in effect invites companies to challenge the designation.

You can read more by clicking

HERE

It was never more than a fig leaf of respectability for the Scottish Government (Lucy, in the cartoon below) to hide behind.

xxxxxxxxx (ugly word) If I was able to buy an estate I would preserve and even improve the natural habitat, not destroy it for personal gain. These estate owners obviously have enough money, why want more ? Greed !

BTW I wasn't able to reply with the previous validation system (pictures of numbers on houses) but now it functions properly.

Theo