​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How long\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I also use Burmas but they tend to last much longer than that - and I give mine a hell of a hammering.

I suspect the goretex liner is playing silly-buggers inside the boots and there's been a failure there.

Do as Humphrey says - and DON'T get fobbed off by the retailer telling you that they're out of guarantee:

From Trading Standards, found on t'interweb:

"EU Directive 1999/44/EC states that all European Union member states must allow consumers to make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods under their consumer rights for a minimum of two years. English law already allows you to make a claim for up to six years from the date you bought the goods and for up to five years in Scotland. Therefore if you buy any goods from any other EU member state, you can assume that you can make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods for at least two years after."

I shouldn't go in with all guns blazing - you might be pleasantly surprised at the response you get from the retailer. On the other hand.....

Good luck!

JJ

Re: How long's a piece of string & Vango Force 10 Tents

Thanks to all for taken the time to respond. Looks like a bit of retail follow up is called for.

Anyone got a Vango Force 10 Helium carbon out there? How do you rate it? I just bought one, loved the 2 man tent but fancied a solo. Really disappointed. Can't get the flysheet taut, and the inner sags to the point of brushing against the foot of my precious down sleeping bag - not good when there is condensation (most of the time).

Considering I'm 5ft nothing, what would it be like for a 6footer!!

Any feedback?

Liz