​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Challenge in pictures

Thanks, Ian. My camera won't be good enough!

Thanks for posting your photos Ian , i was waiting for them.

I am the more impressed by what you could get because i found this year much more difficult for me to get keepers compared to 2012-2013.
I was struggling with the lighting and the grey skies.
As a matter of personnal taste i like BW people photos, and less BW landscapes but this year i am tempted to convert a few photos.

Tremendous photographs, well done!

You gotta new tent then?

JJ

Thanks John glad you like them.

I got the Scarp 1 for the 2013 Challenge. As my Akto was old enough to vote I decided it deserved a rest.

Ian C.

Great photos Ian, & good to meet you this year! Just out of interest, what camera do you take on the challenge, where do you carry it & what do you put it in? I am always on the look out for the best TGO camera & camera carrying solution. Mine always seems a bit clumsy! Also, there's a few pictures I'd like - what's the best way of doing that?

Fab job again! :)

Thanks Vicky glad you like them.

I use a Fujifilm X-Pro1 with 18mm f2, 35mm f1.4 and 60mm f2.4 lenses. The camera body and the 3 lenses weigh just under 1Kg but when you add in the tripod, cable release, batteries, flash and a pair of binoculars it's more like 2Kg. I carry every thing bar the tripod in a Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney (great bag, stupid name), which I wear with the strap across me bandana style. Over the years I've tried various ways of carrying my camera gear and to me this is the best compromise between easy access to the camera and not having it in the way.

Ian C.

Vicky, I meant to add in that last post if you email me with the titles of what you want I'm sure we can sort something.

Ian C.

Amazing pics as always and some superb skies and reflections. So when are you going to run a TGOC photography course for us amateurs?

What and give up all of my secrets.

Ian C.

Nice set Ian.Liking the b+w shots.

Wow Ian! Stunning! What more can I say?