​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photos

I would like to add my thanks to the organisers, the Vetters, the team at Control and everyone I met who made my Challenge in 2014 such an enjoyable experience. For those who are interested, here are some of the pictures I took along the way.

Re: Photos

Nice one.
See you next year maybe....

A delightful set of photos and good to see that so many old (and I do mean "old") Challengers are still going strong and a welcome to some new, younger ones. I'm sure the Dulnain werewolves will welcome the new blood in years to come!

Brilliant Emma! Although you definitely happened across some dodgy characters...

Thanks for your comments, guys.
I have noticed that a lot of people who do the Challenge are a bit odd.

Except me, obviously.

I enjoyed looking at those. It was good to meet you again at Montrose.

Great photo set, Emma.

Are you confident of the identification of that snake in Glen Lethnot as an adder?

If so, then the snake I photographed in Glen Lethnot was also an adder ... I wonder if it was the same one?

Thanks Jeremy. It is definitely an adder. Actually I saw two of them in Glen Lethnot, both basking on the track between the Water Burn and the Smithy Burn. I loved Glen Lethnot - somewhere I would never normally go.

Yes - I loved Glen Lethnot too. However, I was none too keen to go up by Loch Brandy with the cloud base as low as it was when I left the Glen Clova hotel on the Wednesday morning; so I opted for my FWA, going to Rottal and over White Hill, dropping into Glen Lethnot over the Shank of Donald Young. So I bypassed Shieling of Saughs and did not traverse the entire length of the glen.

Great set of photos. As for dodgy characters - ????

Still writing up my report. Will post a link when it is done.

Emma knows!!

lovely photos & what fantastic weather - knew it would be when I couldn't do the challenge! I did the Larig Ghru last year in nil visibility & heavy rain so am quite envious. But glad everyone had such a great time, nice to see some familiar faces

HI Emma , lovely photos. Some dodgy looking characters indeed, including Fred with his coolie hat.

Rod

Some cracking photos there Emma, many thanks for sharing. Makes me wish I was back on the trail… oh, and now I can be!

Nice photos Emma, I envy you that great walks through the Lairig Ghru, it looked great.

I have been filling the weary hours until Challenge mania starts again by putting some of my pictures from previous years on Picasa. If anyone wants a trip down memory lane, they can be found here here

A fine collection

Some cracking photos and good memories Emma x