​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Loch Mullardoch North Shore

Thanks Derek - your comments are very much appreciated

Worth bearing in mind that in 2012, while one search was looking for a Challenger later found to have been safe in Oban Bothy, another search was taking place on the ground for a chap later found to have got into severe difficulties on the north shore of Loch Mullardoch. If memory serves correctly, he'd been physically blown into one burn and had great difficulties with other crossings; fortunately he was found and assisted by another Challenger, then ferried down the loch in the factor's boat; after a couple of days drying out and getting his breath back in Cannich, he went home to face the music!

That sounds like "stormy Sunday". I went through on the Saturday and was in Tomich before everything went a bit wet and windy. There was actually more path along that north shore than I had been expecting - but I wasn't expecting much. There were one or two places where the path had eroded and one was aware that a slip would likely result in sliding gracefully, or otherwise, into the loch.

Colin.

Bit late but only just seen this posting. We did Mullardoch this year NEVER AGAIN. Tedious exhausting slog, sheer rough path, and NO bridge over the Allt Taige, bad fast water crossing. 2 of us made it with extreme care but my partner went in. It took us 7hrs to do the last 7km along the Loch to the road! That does include the bad river crossing though and my partners dip and subsequent sort out and we are very slow anyway but it was tough going.