​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Caledonian Sleeper: Change of operator

"I am delighted that we can use this unique blend of expertise to transform the iconic Caledonian Sleeper into a modern, high quality hospitality service to make Scotland proud."

I don't want a "high quality hospitality service", I want a train service. (With a buffet car that does lorne sausage with brown sauce on a morning roll like it used to, and doesn't have a sticker on the door saying I may be turfed out to make way for first class passengers if it gets full(!))

If "transformation" and a "high quality hospitality service" means that:

I get a wash basin that is not half full of disgusting brown water and reeking of puke.
    A loo floor that is not awash with water(?) and soggy tissue.
    One of those nice airline style complimentary wash kits like they used to have.
    A decent breakfast and a place to eat it.

Then it gets my vote. The sleeper has gradually become more dog eared and rundown over recent years and is well overdue for a revamp (must dig out my DJ next time for the full Orient Express vibe).

Well, I'm all for it. I've never taken the sleeper, but I feel your pain (*#channelsGwynethPaltrow#). Frankly I hope for a return to the glory days when the sleeper-train would pull to gentle halt in the midst of nowhere in particular on request so that Sporting Gents (you know who you are are) could alight. Remarks such as "Taking on water" or "Adjusting clothing" satisfied one and all.

Breakfast? Devilled kidneys, kedgeree and a stiff gin are just what The Doctor (Ali O) ordered.

ScotRail - bless their little cotton socks - in essence operate buses that happen to currently run on rails. The Sleeper - which may yet become trans-national - can be much more, oh yea.

HMP3 Weightman
ScotRail - bless their little cotton socks - in essence operate buses that happen to currently run on rails.

Where as Serco overcharged the government for their prisoner tagging contract, are accused of covering up sexual abuse at Yarl's Wood Immigration Removal Centre and run Boris Bike Hire in London which has had a huge number of bikes nicked, some turning up as far away as Gambia so you might end up overcharged, buggered and stolen. Give me a bus on rails any day.

I agree the Caledonian Sleeper Service needs improving but I doubt Serco are the ones to do it.

Ian C.