​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 4 free gold eastons at Garva bridge

Hi
Wife is happy with the weather, so far she choosed the right year to do the TGO.
She doesn't like the length of my planned days 2 to 6, so from now on we will do shorter days.
She also learned about Braemar dancing on Saturday so that's part of the reason for slowing down.
I won't complain much as I am ( again) limping on blisters, I think the cushioning off my trail shoes is lower than last year, I should have replaced them.

As for the tent pegs my title was wrong the 4 pegs were not at Garva bridge, but in my wife backpack she didn't used my dedicated tents peg pouch.
So sorry for the trouble, the good side of this is I carried 50g less for a day:)

Hi JD, have you been looking at CCTV? Temp here is in mid 20s with clear blue skies for the next few days, hope it is the same where you all are!
All the best to those still trucking eastwards.

Ah, I've heard the temperature in Tarfside kitchen can get to well above 20°C when JD remembers to use hot water for the washing up (otherwise it hovers just above freezing…)

As befits an ecclesiastical building, St. Drostan's is a sanctuary, a tranquil retreat from the cares of a cruel world. All shattered of course when a horde of tick-ridden scruffs come staggering in demanding attention.

Well JD, armed with a tick fork or even a Swiss Army Knife and a little privacy I'm sure that you can give them all the attention they need!

I find a blowtorch deters the blighters-and the ticks don't like it either!