​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lunch?

Tickety boo, sir! A honour to serve. Your tooth-brush will be spread with paste before you even emerge in the morning. A field kitchen will be at your personal disposal, together with a camp bath, warm towels and delicious attendants.

You're not missing anything with the taramasalata, Phil, as it's starting to look revolting (too fatty, I think) but the tomatoes (thanks, Laura) and hummous are coming along nicely.

Oh dear, Phil. I'm getting flashbacks of you tabletop dancing in a grotty bierkeller in full frontal lederhosen. I must mop my fevered brow with some Hebridean schnapps.

john donohoe
Oh dear, Phil. I'm getting flashbacks of you tabletop dancing in a grotty bierkeller in full frontal lederhosen.

I still have the negatives of Phil in a place known by the Brits as the "Mucky F*ck" in Bad Salzsuflen (or near approximation to that! We were drinking heavily at the time. The place had 80 feet tall fossilised hedges that stank of rotten eggs. He takes me to all the best places - it'll be Braemar next...)

Honest!

My-oh-my, what a memory you have, sir! The place was Bad Salzuflen and the bar was indeed called the Muckefuk!

Those hedges gave a bracing health restoring air to inhale on the way back to the hotel. I don't recall having a hangover at all. Or maybe it was the pumpernickel & dripping.

Back to the subject of lunch ...

All these solutions based around things made from flour and cows' milk cause more than a little difficulty here ...

However, I have found this place: http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk/

They have a good variety of food bar / energy bar type products that I CAN safely consume ... so I stock up with those and make up 4-item 800 calorie lunch packs, different contents each day.

Their range contains LOTS of things that I can't eat but you lot can ... so if any of you are still thinking along cereal bar type lines, you might like to give them a try. There should still be time to get your orders delivered before the "off".

We never eat lunch. Go all day on our breakfast!