​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good luck!

Hi Billy,

Will be there on the Thursday so starting on the Friday. (No idea where I'm staying yet - in the lap of the Goddess).

Let's hope we have a lovely first weekend.

Good luck all.

Diane.

How was the Kintyre Way...on my list for later this year (post midge season).

Hello JohnBoy, the Kintyre Way was good, due to the weather on the second third and fourth day. It has changed quite a bit since I last did it six or seven years ago, less road walking and I did see a notice board stating that it was now 105 miles as to the 87 miles the previouse time, gone is the long walk on the black stuff between Saddell and Carradale. I did it from South to North this time only because when you reach Southend you are stuck down there until the next day because the last bus left early in the afternoon as I remember, plus the prevailing weather is Westerly, which I would rather have at my back. If you havn't done it before then you should enjoy it because one day you are looking at Arran, loch Fyne, Ailsa Craig and the Clyde the next day you are looking at Islay, Jura and Gigha. I wild camped with the exception of staying in the new Backpackers bunkhouse in Campbeltown, nice clean warm facilities with wifi, a tad expensive at £20.
All the best with your walking this year!

Many thanks for your kind wishes, Billy.

I'm not one of the handful of Ardrishaig starters this year (did that one in 2010). Instead I'm one of the handevenlessful of Kilchoan starters ... but I assume your best wishes extend further north than Ardrishaig.