​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mountain Forecasts

Does anyone have any recent reports on hilltop conditions in the west?

Vicky G

I was up in Spean Bridge and Newtonmore today what I could see was that there is still plenty of snow on the tops, loch and burn levels were high

Hi - I've just returned from a "training trip" (told my wife it was necessary). Took in a few Munros around Corrour station - to over 1100 metres. Still a fair bit of snow about - the main Mamores ridge looked gorgeous in a white coat from Binnean Beag. Most tops that I did were relatively clear - snow holding on Northern flanks and in the corries as you'd expect. Only used spikes once - and wasn't really necessary (but I'd carried them all week - I'm bloody well gonna use 'em!) - snow was soft where I encountered it. A few chewy moments descending steeper flanks - a case of picking your way to avoid snow fields. If the conditions remain the same on the TGO I'll be over the moon. Scotland was looking particularly fine. Of course things can change...Hope this helps.

Yes thanks, that's helpful responses from you both. Good to know where the thaw is at. :)
Vicky

I've uploaded a few pictures from my Easter expedition in the Drumochter mountains to my blog:

http://tworoutes.blogspot.co.uk/

(no idea why that didn't work as a link ... but I'm atotal cybernumpty, and that probably had something to do with it)

They give a good flavor of the current state of play in that neck of the woods.