​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Torridon Bus

Having received the Final Details this week I see there are quite a few of us starting at Torridon.

Don't know how you are all getting there but if your intended route there includes the bus from Strathcarron which meets the 10.58 train from Inverness, I would advise you to book it. (the bus).

I spoke with the man from DMK motors that run the bus earlier this week and he told me that it was only a 16 seater.

Now I may not be the best at arithmetic but even without accounting for one or two locals, in my book, 38 into 16 doesn't go.

I know you all won't be going that way but to avoid disappointment on the day please book. If you can't find their number email me directly and I can provide it.

Re: Torridon Bus

I've just spoken to DMK motors and the man there told me it's a case of first come, first served and you cannot book.
There are three of us planning on using the bus on 8 May and if all the other 34 also plan to do so there'll be a big problem for us all. So, how many others want the bus and might we need to plan another way?

I spoke to Donald at DMK and he took my booking earlier this morning.

It was for the later bus at 12:43

Perhaps the early bus is not a problem space wise and does not need booking.

Have just booked on the 12.43 bus, they say they 4or 5 names down for that one now

We've contacted DMK again and this time we've been able to book. In hindsight, perhaps we should have checked and made arrangements earlier, but then again we didn't know the numbers. Anyway, thanks to Graeme for pointing out the potential problem and good luck to everyone else getting to Torridon.

The bus connects very well to Strathcarron. It is a small bus though so I would advise you to book!

Hi all,
Yes, we are Torridon-starters too, but we'll stay at Cromasaig with Tom and Liz. So on Thursday we will travel to Kinlochewe. There's a direct bus service from Inverness to Kinlochewe, leaving Inverness bus station at 17.20, arriving 18.55 at Kinlochewe PO.
So that's only 36 now for the Torridon-bus from Strathcarron (and I guess probably 34 as there will stay 2 more Challengers at Cromasaig !!??).

See you all at the start in Torridon Friday-morning,or probably at Inverness Railway station on Thursday-morning (10.38 train ?),

Bert