​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Taking your Luxe sil-HexPeak on the Challenge

If you have one of these tents/shelters, and are taking it on the Challenge, this may be of interest to you.

My Review and Evaluation

I have been using it quite a bit recently in all manner of conditions, and with a bit of modification, I am liking it a lot.
If I didn't have a Trailstar, it would be going on the TGOC with me.

There she is in the Monadhliath

Re: Taking your Luxe sil-HexPeak on the Challenge

Let me get this right, you've bought another shelter.

I think Andrew has a problem.

Shelter purchase addiction or Shelterism is a problem that is affecting more and more backpackers. They start off buying a tent, then a tarp and before you know it they are addicted. They just can't help themselves buying the latest shelter that comes on the market. The worst thing about this sorry sordid business is the pushers, with their podcasts, videos and outdoor shows they entrap the shelterholic in a downward spiral. The promise is that the next fix will be "the one" , lighter, stronger, roomier, easier to pitch and the more they have the more they want, 5g lighter, 2mm more headroom, it goes on and on.

We in the Challenge community have to realise that Andrew and the other shelterholics have an illness and we shouldn't ignore or shun them. We should talk to them and try to help them. One way we can help them is to make sure they don't drink alcohol, drinking on top of their other problems would only make things worse. So if you happen to see Andrew be calm talk to him but be firm insisting he turns over any alcohol he has to you, please believe me he'll thank you for it latter.

Ian C.

I will have you know Ian that I am now completely

Teetital
Toetootal
Trytital
tootrital
twotwotal
trawltinta

*ISSED!

just read your version of the daunder . best laugh i,ve had in ages.

chris yapp
just read your version of the daunder . best laugh i,ve had in ages.

Thanks Chris

I always like to tell it like it is (in my head)

Hi Andrew , I have always enjoyed your enthusiasm and input on the TGO . jUST keep it going and enjoy lux or as i do moderato . Bon voyage and enjoy . But most of all i wish you all dry calm weather ,i only enjoyed it in 2006 , but hey thats the way its shared out .

howden
Hi Andrew , I have always enjoyed your enthusiasm and input on the TGO . jUST keep it going and enjoy lux or as i do moderato . Bon voyage and enjoy . But most of all i wish you all dry calm weather ,i only enjoyed it in 2006 , but hey thats the way its shared out .
Thanks Bill. This year it will balmy weather, with wall to wall sun. It is due. Although it will probably be days of Barmy weather will wall to wall rain. Fingers X