​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Long range Netweather forecast!

Yes but a long range weather forecast very rarely says anything other than "might be slightly better (or worse) than average". Add even then they are only predicting averages i.e 46 days better and 44 days worse for a three month period. No use at all to a walker. Currently the seas round Britain are much warmer than normal for the time of year so it doesn't take much of a crystal ball to say that there is a good chance that it will be slightly warmer than average over the next few months.

Incidentally down in the South of England there are many more small flying insects about than I remember in other years at this time of the year. So although I don't normally take midge protection on the Challenge this year I think I will. Unless someone with more knowledge of Scotland in May can assure me that midges have never arrived that early. Hoping ...

Colin.

Colin Bennett

Incidentally down in the South of England there are many more small flying insects about than I remember in other years at this time of the year. So although I don't normally take midge protection on the Challenge this year I think I will. Unless someone with more knowledge of Scotland in May can assure me that midges have never arrived that early. Hoping ...

Colin.

I did Corran to Shiel Bridge stretch of the Cape Wrath Trail last week as a bit of a warmer upper for May. There were a few small clouds of the beasties out in sheltered spots already... (but it was quite windy and there were very few sheltered spots so I didn't get bothered).

Midges: I agree. A few were spotted in Sutherland a couple of days ago and we don't normally get them till mid-June.

The midges were out along the Dulnain in the Monadh Liath last Thursday in the lulls, but they weren't biting.

Ominous.

but they weren't biting

They never bite me either - my wife says it's because I'm naturally repellent.

Phil Lambert
They never bite me either - my wife says it's because I'm naturally repellent.

Tini would NEVER say that, she's nice.

It's true though

Oohh see you Friday sir!