​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
State of the Nation – only revisions outstanding now.

We seem to be there, more or less…

Routes received: 227 (105%) (includes 5 from Challengers/groups-of who have since withdrawn, routes from Hanwag competition winners, and routes from successful Standby Lister)
Good-to-go: 207 (96%) (plus 3 from Challengers/groups-of who have since withdrawn)
Being revised: 13
Being vetted: 0
Revisions awaiting sign-off: 2
Awaiting vetting: 0

The Standby List closed last weekend – last person to join the event was John Braide, whose route has already been submitted, vetted and approved.

If you have been asked to provide an amended/revised route sheet, please do so within in the next few days.

Many thanks to everyone for submitting routes to the new, earlier deadlines, and especially to the vetters who have put in many, many hours, going over on routes to offer advice and, here and there, suggestions for improvement and even, on the odd occasion, rewriting sections of some. Without the vetters there would be no Challenge.

Re: State of the Nation – only revisions outstanding now.

John Manning
Many thanks ... especially to the vetters who have put in many, many hours, going over on routes to offer advice and, here and there, suggestions for improvement and even, on the odd occasion, rewriting sections of some. Without the vetters there would be no Challenge.

Amen to that.

Are we allowed to know how many Standby Listers made it under the wire? How many were ultimately disappointed? And what number John was on the Standby List to begin with?

I remember the year I got on from number 60 on the standby list (2009, I think it was) somebody else managed to get on from number 87 or so ... and these are always fascinating statistics to collect. (Well, they fascinate me ... but maybe I'm just odd )