​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ault na Goire

How likely is it that our Great Leader could be wrong?
John G. - many of us indeed had the warmest of welcomes at Ault-na-Goire last year - I have sent you an email.

Alex and Janet Sutherland (and their daughter!) are good friends of The Challenge, and over the years their howff has become a firm favourite. Alex worked for years with Highlands and Islands Council, and knows the country intimately. He's also a fine fiddler, a surreal artist and a Gaelic speaker. I've met with Alex off-Challenge and he's mighty company (we were attempting to find an editor for a Gaelic literary magazine at the time . . . ) And Janet is filled with enthusiasm and warmth. Absolutely not to be missed!

Humph is right to sing the praises of Alex and Janet. As well as their listed virtues Alex was one of the heroes of the campaign for improved access legislation in Scotland, a doughty advocate for a cause not universally popular, especially among Highland councillors.

Hi folks

I've never been to Allt na Goire but hope to camp there this year. I take it that it is the same system as outlined in this thread ie just turn up and you can find a spot to camp? Also, I think from reading blogs that it can be possible to get meals here? If so how does this work ie re booking etc. In short can one guarantee a meal or is it wise to carry supplies in to cook your own meal??? I haven't seen anyway to contact the hosts in advance of the Challenge.

David, I just sent you a message.

Hi,
I stayed there last year on the challenge with another couple of guys.
We were made most welcome and although I had not booked for a meal I got fed anyway.
I think that the other two had booked and it may have been that there was spare food available.
There was plenty room for camping in one of their fields.

Others may be along to give you contact details.

Thanks all

I have now been e mailed all the details I require

Emma, I plan to stay at Ault na Goire as well. Would you mind also sending me an email with the details?

Thanks

Could some kind soul please email me the Sutherland's contact details (phone/email)?
Many thanks!
David

PS. See you soon

Thanks folks for your swift replies!

Looks like everyone has the info they need now - it was in the February newsletter and will also be in the final details that will be posted out this week. Alex & Janet will be offering their usual wonderful welcome. No need to book for camping or tea / coffee but breakfast / evening meals do need to be pre-booked 01456 486711 or janet.sutherland@talk21.com