​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Possible Morar accommodation?

I'm looking for somewhere to stay in Morar. If I get off the train at 1736 then I will walk to the campsite (which is now the sign-out point) but if my train gets in at 2328 then I will want to stay locally.

Rural Scottish postcodes cover huge distances so I am having trouble working out exactly where the nearest B&Bs are. Can anyone advise which B&Bs are the shortest walk from the station, please?

The Morar Hotel is just over the road from the station but is currently closed for the winter and I think they may be "coach parties only", but if anyone knows differently, please let me know.

I'd be happy to get off the train at Arisaig (2319) if there was suitable accommodation. Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks

Re: Possible Morar accommodation?

The other solution would be to stay in Mallaig and get the train back to Morar the next morning. 10.10 leaving Mallaig 10.16 arriving Morar £2.10

B & B should be available in Mallaig not far from the station.

I stayed in Sheena's Backpackers a couple of years ago.
Basic bunkhouse accommodation but acceptable.

Judging by the racket in the common room, arriving late should not be a problem.

Judith, I'd got to Mallaig as well, but get the 8.55 bus to Morar that gets in at 9.05.

Judith

The B&B which is 2nd highest rated on TripAdvisor is Harlosh B&B. Their address is Railway Crossing , Morar !!!!

So its about 1 minute walk from the station. You can check it out on Street View.

I'm not sure how noisy it may be but there are only 3 passenger trains a day to Mallaig. So it may not be a problem. But of course there may be freight trains in addition.

The campsite (Camusdarach I presume) is just under three miles from the station.

It may be worth considering a B&B closer to the campsite (e.g. Glencairn which is rated 1st is about a half mile from the campsite). I sure they would be willing to pick you up from the station.

Ray

Thanks to Sandy and Vanessa for the Mallaig tips.

Ray - Thanks. I was trying to use the google map on the Tripadvisor site and wasn't having any joy. I never thought of looking at the addresses!

I've got a few ides now.

Beware the March onesU3EX

Beware the March ones